Skip to main content

Friday 4 December 2015

Going downhill - don't try this at home!

Although I have a body that sometimes feels like I'm in my 80s, in my head I'm still young and full of life and energy. There's nothing quite like the thrill of going really fast downhill in a wheelchair. I love it! I know it's full of risk - I might crash into something... my front castors might get stuck and I'll go head over heals... I know it might all end in tears. But the feeling of the wind rushing by and being just slightly out of control is wonderful!

We recently went to the cinema to see The Lady in the Van. This was one of my favourite scenes. You have to watch right to the end.



I wouldn't recommend such risky behaviour but if like me, you just can't help yourself, always keep an eye on the road surface and don't hit any lumps, bumps or ridges. Make sure you are well practised in braking - not with the brakes but with your hands on the push rims. Oh, and don't do it in the middle of the road!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to do that it looked fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete