Skip to main content

Friday 25 March 2016

A beautiful spring day

I don't think I have ever been so grateful for a four day week! By yesterday, I was totally and utterly exhausted. I've ended up accidentally working some long days and it's amazing the impact that an extra couple of hours a day can make on my body.

Sometimes, to recover doesn't necessarily mean complete rest (though sometimes it does). Today, I just had a lie in - for me that means waking between half past seven and eight o' clock - and then got ready very slowly. It's a sunny day and has been dry for a good few days, so it was a good day to give my wheelchair a wash. I took a soft topped stool outside and a bucket of soapy water and it actually felt quite relaxing to sit there cleaning up my paintwork.

As it is such a nice day and the rest of the weekend is set to be rather unpredictable weather, I thought I should make the most of it and go for a walk in the park. I did manage a little walk, holding onto the back of my chair for support but my legs and back feel quite weak today so I had a ride and propelled a lot. I did two circuits of the park though and enjoyed the fresh air. I took some photos too...



I think our park is looking very beautiful today! It certainly lifts the spirit to get out and enjoy it, though for me, I wouldn't want it much warmer. I think it helped physically as well. The rest of the day will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment