Skip to main content

Saturday 5 March 2016

Saturday morning stroll

We're gradually adapting the house to maximise my independence and minimise painful activities. In the last couple of weeks, we've had a decorator in to paint the stairs and landing and then an electrician to put in a box for the stair lift. This morning, we went to choose carpet for the stairs and landing. As it was a nice day, cool but sunny, I suggested leaving the car at home and having a walk into town. So we did... and here's me enjoying the ride back along the riverside path. It's flat, smooth and quite peaceful - perfect for a Saturday morning stroll.


It's probably obvious but here's my tip for occasions such as these: dress warmer than you think you need to. It was about 3oC and if you are sitting still, like in a wheelchair, you soon get cold. I'm wearing a Thinsulate-lined hat and gloves and my trusty ski jacket. Even though I walked some of the way and self-propelled a lot, I was glad of the warm clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment